Prima Hong Kong Flour
Fresh Pandan Leaves
Freshly Grated Coconut
Gula Melaka, grated
1. Cut the fresh pandan leave into smaller pieces and blend it with water until pulverized. Strain and set aside 200ml of pandan juice.
2. Mix and sift Prima Hong Kong Flour and salt. Set aside flour mixture.
3. Whisk eggs and corn oil. Add into the flour mixture and mix well.
4. Add pandan juice, water and coconut cream. Slowly whisk until a smooth batter is formed. Strain the batter to remove lumps of flour.
5. Let the pancake batter rest for 1 hour or keep in the fridge for next day use.
6. Heat a non-stick pan on low heat. Ladle some batter onto the pan then swirl the pan to create an even and thin pancake. Cook for 30 seconds on each side.
7. Once cooked, transfer to a cooling rack.
8. In a pot, add freshly grated coconut, pandan leaves, gula melaka, and salt. Cook until gula melaka is melted and the mixture is well-combined. Set aside.
9. Mix corn flour and water to form corn starch, then add into mixture. Cook until the coconut is moist and thick. Cool it in the fridge for later use.
10. Place about 40g of the coconut filling on the middle of a pandan pancake and fold. Serve with desired sauce on the side.
Tips: You can change the pancake’s colour and flavour by using beetroot (pink), butterfly pea flower (blue), turmeric (yellow).
Recipe by Chef Ambrose