|150g||Prima Prima Plain Flour Plus|
|50g||Prima Top Flour|
|4g||Instant Dry Yeast|
1. Mix the ingredients (except salt and butter) on low speed for 3 mins.
2. Add salt and butter, mix on low speed for 20 mins until smooth.
3. Cover the dough and let it rise for about 60 mins.
4. Roll out the dough and place it in a 22cm x 22cm foil pan. Ensure that dough is seam side down and all corners are covered.
5. Spread the topping on the dough.
6. Cover and let the dough rest for 30-45 mins.
7. Preheat at 190°C and bake for 16 mins until lightly browned.
8. Un-mould and cool the loaf on a rack.
9. Cut the loaf in half horizontally and add the filling before re-assembling.
1. In a heavy saucepan, cook all ingredients (except almond slices) over
medium high heat, stirring constantly for 5 mins.
2. Add almond slices and cook for another 5 mins, until the mixture
reaches a honey-like consistency.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. In a saucepan, bring milk and vanilla essence to a boil.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolk. In a separate bowl, mix sugar and
corn flour, then whisk the mixture into the egg yolk.
3. Gradually whisk 1/4 of the boiling milk into the yolk mixture. Return
the mixture to the pan and cook, whisking vigorously, until the cream
boils and thickens.
4. Boil the cream for a further 2 mins, stirring constantly. Be careful not
to overmix the custard.
5. Remove from heat and fold in the melted butter.
6. Cover the surface of the custard and chill over an ice bath until ready
This recipe is developed in collaboration with SHATEC.