– Preheat the oven to 160oC. Line a 12” x 12” baking pan with parchment paper..
Lychee Whipped Cream
- Whisk whipping cream, icing sugar and lychee flavouring on medium speed until thick and fluffy. Do not over-beatthe cream.
- Mix and sift Prima Top Flour, Prima Superfine Wholegrain Flour and salt. Set aside.
- Mix rose concentrate paste rose flavouring and rose pink colouring in water.
- Whisk egg yolk and sugar together until it turns pale yellow.
- Gradually add rose water mixture while alternating with flour mixture and oil. Mix until well combined.
- In a mixing bowl beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until foamy. Add in cream of tartar and increase thespeed to high. Gradually add caster sugar and whisk until it reaches stiff peak and glossy.
- Add one-third of Mix A into the egg white mixture and fold gently to combine. Repeat with the remaining two-thirdsof Mix A. Do not over-fold” “otherwise the batter will become lumpy.
- Pour batter onto the prepared baking pan and bake for 15 – 17 minutes.
- Once baked let it rest in the baking pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from baking pan together with parchmentpaper.
- Slowly roll the cake away from you and wrap it using the parchment paper. Let it cool completely before creaming.
- Gently unroll the cake spread a layer of lychee whipped cream. Place the chopped lychee all over the cake.
- Roll up the cake and refrigerate for an hour. Decorate with whipped cream as desired.
- Serve chilled.