Chocolate Layer Cake Base
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Line two 12” x 12” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix and sift Ingredient A. Set aside flour mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, mix Ingredient B at low speed for about 1 minute. Add in Ingredient C and flour mixture, mix for another minute. Increase to high speed for 6 – 7 minutes until batter is light and fluffy.
- Add in chocolate paste at low speed. Once combined, scrap down the side of the mixing bowl. Turn on low speed and gradually add in the melted butter.
- Pour the batter equally into two lined baking pans and bake for 20 – 25 minutes*
- Once baked, allow the cake to cool before removing from the pan. Slice into 9cm x 22cm pieces.
*Tips: Stagger or rotate the pans halfway through baking to ensure even baking.
- Heat whipping cream until it simmers. Pour in chopped dark chocolate and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Stir gently till combined and cover the ganache with plastic wrap. Cool in the fridge for an hour.
- Once chilled, whisk ganache at medium speed until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Melt the chopped dark chocolate. Stir in the hazelnut paste, roasted almond nibs and feuilletine. Set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate ganache followed by a layer of crispy almond over a chocolate layer cake base. Top with another layer of chocolate cake.
- Pipe a generous amount of chocolate ganache on the cake and top it with another layer of chocolate cake.
- Repeat Step 1.
- Complete the cake by spreading a thin layer of ganache on the surface of the cake and dust generously with cocoa powder. Decorate with desired fruits or chocolate.