- In a mixing bowl, whisk Prima Sponge Cake Mix, eggs and vanilla extract on maximum speed for 7-10 minutes until the batter turns pale yellow, fluffy and thick.
- Reduce to speed 1 and gradually pour in melted butter. Gently fold with a spatula until the butter is evenly mixed.
- Fill the cupcake liners with batter until ⅔ full and bake at 200oC for about 15-20 minutes.
- Set aside and let the cupcakes cool completely.
Yam Paste (Orh-nee)
- Steam the yam for 20 minutes and mash until fine.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok, add in mashed yam and stir-fry until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add sugar to taste. Set aside.
Tips: If the yam paste is too thick, add water until desired consistency. The paste should be stir-fried until it does not stick to the base of the wok.
- Mix coconut cream ingredients and heat over a saucepan. Set aside.
- Add yam paste on top of the cupcake as desired.
- Add a teaspoon dollop of coconut cream on top of the yam paste and ready to serve.
Tips: Cake is done when skewer stick inserted in centre comes out clean.