– Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a 12” x 12” baking pan with parchment paper.
– Dried the sakura on paper towels. Line the top half of the baking pan with the dried sakura. Set aside.
- Whisk whipping cream and icing sugar on medium speed until thick and fluffy. Do not over-beat the cream.
- Mix and sift Prima Top Flour, Prima Superfine Wholegrain Flour and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk egg yolk and sugar together until it turns pale yellow.
- Gradually add milk while alternating with flour mixture and oil. Mix until well combined.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until foamy. Add in cream of tartar and increase the speed to high. Gradually add caster sugar and whisk until it reaches stiff peak and glossy.
- Add one-third of Mix A into the egg white mixture and fold gently to combine. Repeat with the remaining two-thirds of Mix A. Do not over-fold, otherwise the batter will become lumpy.
- Pour batter onto the prepared baking pan and bake for 15 – 17 minutes.
- Once baked, let it rest in the baking pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from baking pan together with parchment paper.
- Slowly roll the cake away from you and wrap it using the parchment paper. Let it cool completely before creaming.
- Unroll the cake gently. Spread a layer of desired jam and top it off with a layer of whipped cream. Roll up the cake and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.